Introduction of Charm
A growing number of projects over the last few years, frequently referred to as the SAP ChaRM, are being utilized with the Change Request Manager. Change Request Manager functionality. We’ll be discussing SAP CHARM on this blog. This articles is meant to give you information on what is Charm ,Scope of Charm , Benefits & Configuration that can be utilized to meet business requirements.
SAP ChaRM is a tool that is integrated by the SAP Solution Manager that handles the tasks that occur in a transition from design to testing until final introduction to Production. It lets you track changes, transport requests and changes across the complete business solution.
To fully appreciate and utilize the new features offered by SAP today, it is crucial to comprehend SAP Change Management’s background and history. As a tool for software logistics, it helps to maintain the security of your production environments; ChaRM lets projects benefit from the well-tested capabilities in the SAP Transport Management System (TMS), which was initially intended.
What is Charm
SAP ChaRM is an SAP Solution Manager tool to manage processes that occur in a transition from concept to testing until final advertising and Production.We can track changes and transport requests for change management systems throughout the entire business system.
SAP ChaRM uses workflow-based transport management approval, as well as an audit-proofed functional record of changes to the landscape.ChaRM Automatesd previously manual procedure :
- Spreadshhets of changes and transports
- Closely couple documentation with the change
- Synchronize change status with TMS status
By using the project, with ChaRM, we can extend the TMS functionality by ensuring all transportation movements into QA together, integration / regression tested in its entirety and collectively imported into Production.
Spreadsheets no longer are required since SAP Solution Manager Project SAP Solution Manager Project will keep track of which requests for transport are linked to which projects and in what order they have for import.
Scope of ChaRM
- Distribute ABAP and Non-ABAP (CTS+) software changes
- Comprehensive ,Workflow-driven Management
- Maintenance management template, implementing and upgrading projects
- Charm address question like , Who requested changes ,Who tested changes ,What changes are still in development ? being tested ? Waiting for Production deployement
- SAP ChaRM allows the organization to monitor and manage changes within the SAP system in an efficient way.
- It ensures that any modification to the SAP system follows the established procedure and flow of the process, which include mandatory controls and documented procedures.
- Tracking and Audit-ability on Changes
- Lower the risk of corrections or project failures
- Reduce disruptions to business.
- Increased maintenance and projects effciency
- Reduced risk of correction and project failure
- Minimized cost of projects management & IT
In the course of the change implementation, the SAP Solution Manager covers documentation and workflow information. The following details are available in the SAP ChaRM reports.SAP ChaRM reports can provide the following details.
- Change request: by Status, step, type.
- Change Request Duration Per user, by organization Type, step
- Change Requests & Transport Requests
- Current Status of the transport system
- Incidents that were triggered during Change request In the following manner: Organization, SAP Component
Who uses ChaRM
- Change Manager / Release Manger :Trackes changes ,Expendites the processes ,Controls the Manitenance Cycle
- Leads/Solution Architect:Create a change document (CD) for the requested and confirmed changes
- Developer/ Functional Consultant :Makes transportable changes and releasases to nonimated tester
- Developers can create transportation requests
- Developer will be able to release Transport Request Task
- Developer will be able to create new Transport Request Task
- Developer will be able to create TOC
- Developer will be able to release original TR
- Tester :Tested in Qulity system & Confirms sucessfully tested
- Basis /Techical assiociated :Automates Qulity imports ,Manually performs production imports
- BASIS will be able to import TR to Production
- BASIS will be able to import TOC
- BASIS will be able to import the original TR to QA
SAP ChaRM step by step
Login to ChaRM Solution Manager Work center and click on “Change and Release Management” Tile Provide appropriate filter to find out the existing change cycle then Click on Search button
Select Appropiate Cycle Phase to “Scope” and Create Task List,
Set Phase to “Scope” Click Actions ->
Popup appears, click on Yes to create Task List , Click Next provide Details .if any any issues/error found in Check Prerequisites ,rectify all Red traffic lights then only change will be release
SAP Charm configuration
Pre requisite of Charm configuration
- Proper configuration of the system the landscape .
- The RFC communication between the solution management and the satellite systems.
- STMS configuration.
- Define transportation routes between systems within the landscape of systems.
- Active extended control of transport in TMS
- Disable the Quality Assurance approval process and then enable only the Single Transports strategy.
More help to Fix an Issue
You can also look at the more articles from saptutorials