SAP ewm full form is SAP Extended Warehouse Management is a unique solution for managing material and stock levels within a warehouse environment. It is a feature-rich application which can help small and large businesses manage their inventory levels. You can also get help storing, shipping, and receiving products using this application.
SAP Extended Warehouse Management (EWM) is used to handle warehouse stock effectively and facilitate the flow of goods. It helps the organization track the entry and export processes of the warehouse and the flow of goods. The SAP EWM solution can be used in the future in a variety of industries.
Extended Warehouse Management provides versatile, automated support for handling different goods movements and for controlling stocks in the warehouse complex. It also supports scheduled and effective handling of all logistics processes in your warehouse. When SAP released its SAP R/3 Enterprise Extension Set 2.0 feature, supporting yard management, cross-docking, and VAS, it assigned this range of new functions an informal Extended Warehouse Management name.
Incoming and outgoing products, goods receipt, and goods problems are the main processes in a warehouse. Customer orders are fulfilled and goods are delivered. If there is no need for warehouse management to handle goods if a business does not store any goods. Inventory control and distribution processing are fully incorporated into EWM. Business processes that cause the movement of physical products in warehouses and other application components. Support to coordinate, monitor, and control the movement of these products through Extended Warehouse Management
The entry process consists of the storing of the goods in warehouses and of their location. If the material is stored in a storage facility, the material is stored in a storage bin and its current location can be found. The movement of goods is managed by a warehouse management system using SAP EWM, which offers you the instruments for monitoring warehouse activities. Further functions such as storage and optimization bin management, work centre, radio frequency link, warehouse control and other functions can also be handled in a warehouse. It helps monitor the critical functions and delivery of goods efficiently.
How SAP EWM is different from SAP Warehouse Management.
SAP EWM is part of SAP Supply Chain Management, but offers more comprehensive and advanced functionality to handle key warehouse activities. SAP Extended warehouse management is similar to warehouse management but has more flexibility including picking, removal, RF system, warehouse layout and more versatile warehouse feature management options.
We can also set up elements in SAP EWM that are not available in the WM, such as operation areas, resources, labour management and work centres.
A more comprehensive solution for the management of warehouse functions in an enterprise is given by SAP EWM. It also forms part of SAP Supply Chain Management and facilitates all logistics and supply chain business processes for business needs.
If, as SAP WM, the bases of a warehouse application are only protected, namely the monitoring of goods in the warehouse in several bins and pallet IDs.
SAP EWM Capabilities
Using the SAP EWM solution, the Organization can control the warehouse activities like picking, posting, and managing storage bins and good receipts.
- SAP EWM also covers the storage and handling, and transport of hazardous substances in compliance with the SAP Environmental Health & Safety EHS Regulations.
- SAP EWM also helps you to better schedule working times and resources and thereby efficiently manage your warehouse using key resource management tasks.
- In SAP EWM, you can use the Warehouse Cockpit, which allows the visual presentation of key warehouse figures and the assessment or tracking of operations by specified charts.
- Cross-docking can be used to transport the handling units through multiple distribution centres or warehouses before the final position in the warehouse is reached.
- By placing them in various storage areas, we can deconsolidate processing units containing different items.
- We may set the alarm for the modified data before EWM goods are received by the ERP system; reversal or correction of EWM goods is received by the ERP system; inbound EWM delivery is divided into ERP.
- We evaluate warehouse concepts through slotting and automatically optimise the warehouse arrangement of products.
- It enables us to perform executable tasks such as work packs that warehouse employees can perform for the management of warehouses.
- From yard check-in to yard check-out, you can monitor and supervise vehicles and other transport units, including movement and other activities.
Deployed Options in SAP EWM
The SAP EWM can be deployed on an ERP server or as a landscape for the supply chain management.
SAP Extended Warehouse Management is incorporated with ERP to exchange and integrate information and utilize highlights like opening, and accessibility checks. It additionally requires coordination with CRM. It is considered a different application and offers similar worker types to the SCM applications. You can likewise run SAP EWM in its own SCM environment, which is reasonable to get improved execution.