What is Replenishment lead time (RLT)
Replenishment lead time (RLT) is the time that is needed to order or produce the requested material. The RLT can be measured according to various time intervals, depending on the type of material. RLT is included only in the test performed on the basis of the ATP quantity
The availability check primarily uses the replenishment lead time to calculate the material availability date in sales orders.RLT is only used when performing an ATP check (Available To Promise). RLT specified on the material master record.
How to calculate Replenishment lead time
How replenishment lead time (RLT) time determine
The replenishment lead time depends on data maintained in the material master, as follows:
- For materials procured externally, the replenishment lead time equals the processing time required by the purchasing department plus the planned delivery time and goods receipt processing time, as defined in the material master.
- For materials produced in-house, there are different ways to determine the RLT, depending on settings in the material master, as detailed as follows:
- If the total RLT is maintained in the material master, it is used as the replenishment lead time in the product availability check.
- If the total RLT is not maintained in the material master, the in-house production time plus the receipt of the goods processing time is used as replenishment lead time in the availability check.
- If the total RLT is not maintained for certain material types (for example, finished goods), the lot-size-dependent in-house production time is used. When this happens, the RLT equals the setup time plus interoperation time and processing time.
The availability is only checked until the end of the RLT. When the inventory delivery date (ready for packaging and transportation) is determined on the basis of the current date for the item to lie after the RLT, the item itself can be confirmed given the lack of stock available. In this situation, the program assumes that any quantity that the customer demands can be procured by the date of material availability and considers the products to be available.
Availability Check with RLT
The customer wants 20 units to be delivered in full by the requested delivery date. Using backward scheduling, the system determines the date of material availability. However, no goods are available as the inward movement of 100 pieces is used by the outward movement of the stock. Therefore, no stock is available for the date of availability of the material as determined by the system.
Availability Check without RLT
Check out these below tutorial links to learn more about SAP …Happy Learning ..!!
- Available to Promise (ATP) in SAP
- Replenishment lead time (RLT)
- SAP Sales Integration with other Modules
- SD Advanced Pricing
- SAP S/4HANA
- User exit in sap
- SAP Fiori App
- SAP Fieldglass
- SAP Customer Engagement & Commerce Suite(CEC Suite)
- Hybris Marketing