Revenue Account Determination process to establish the revenue accounts to which prices, discounts, and surcharges are posted. Through Revenue Account Determination the billing values are transferred from the SD to FI. Revenue account determination is one of key element performs using condition technique. condition technique is searching technique.
What is the usage in SAP
- It will need to determine the accounts to be posted in several different areas.
- G/L accounts for posting sales revenue, sales deductions, and VAT are to be determined automatically when data is transferred from the billing document to FI.
- When processing cash sales, a G/L account must be set in the document for cash settlement
- When using payment cards, you also need to post to differing G/L accounts.
Condition technique for Account determination
- Account determination is carried out using the condition technique. Accounting procedures are allocated for G / L accounts, depending on the billing document type
- This determination procedure contains one or more condition types to which an access sequence is assigned.
- This access series consists of individual accesses as status tables.
- The conditions table contains the various fields combinations on which the determination of sales revenue depends on specific business scenarios
- The various fields combinations are filled in with record information so that the system is able to search for the appropriate G / L account from the records an access sequence determines a G/L account from the combination, then it is determined the accounting document and the search is terminated
Pre requisites to perform Revenue Account Determination
Account Assignment Group for Customer
Customer account assignment category to identify accounts based on customer account groups . One of the common criteria , for example, is to distinguish the sales of domestic customers from those of international customers. hence we create/maintain groups of accounts and assign them to the customer master records
Here are below SPRO Menu Path: IMG >Sales and Distribution > Basic Functions >Account Assignment/Costing >Revenue Account Determination >check Master data Relevant for Account Assignment >Select Customer: Account Assignment Groups.
Account Assignment Group for Material
like ways ,We need to maintain Master data Relevant for Account Assignment & Assign to Customer master data
Here are below SPRO Menu Path : IMG – Sales and Distribution – Basic Functions – Account Assignment/Costing – Revenue Account Determination – check Master data Relevant for Account Assignment – Select Material: Account Assignment Groups
Step to perform Automatic Revenue Account Determination
- Create condition table with key combinations
- Create Access sequence with key combinations
- Create condition type
- Define Account Determination Procedure
- Assign Account Determination Procedure to billing document type
- Define Account keys
- Assign Account keys to Pricing Procedure
- Assign G/L Accounts
Create Condition table:
In this step, We need to create a condition table with key combinations. If the standard table is not meeting a specific requirement.
Here are below SPRO Menu IMG –> SD –>Basic Functions –>Account Assignment/Costing – >Revenue Account Determination –> Define dependencies of revenue account determination. alternatively, you may run T-Code: V/12
Example : 1. Customer group / Material group / Account key . Here we are using 001 standard table with selected fields
Create Access sequence with key combinations
After specify condition table , we needs to specify access sequence with the below combination
Here are below SPRO Menu Path: IMG – >Sales and Distribution –> Basic Functions –> Account Assignment/Costing –> Revenue Account Determination – >Define Access sequence and Account determination type
Create condition type
In this steps, We are going to use standard account determination condition type KOFI
- KOFI Account determination without controlling
- KOFK Account determination with controlling
Here are below SPRO Menu Path: IMG – >Sales and Distribution – >Basic Functions – >Account Assignment/Costing –> Revenue Account Determination –> Define Account determination type. There are two condition types available.
Here an Account determination type will be assigned to an Access sequence
Define Account Determination Procedure type
In this steps , we are going to steps account determination procedure as per the standard
Here are below SPRO Menu Path: IMG – >Sales and Distribution – >Basic Functions – >Account Assignment/Costing –> Revenue Account Determination –> Define and assign Account Determination Procedure
Additionally ,We may be used ( Requirement Routine ) to verify a specific condition and execute a specific condition only if that condition is satisfied.
Assign Account Determination Procedure to billing document type
Here we needs to specify account Determination Procedure with the list billing document type
Here are below SPRO Menu Path: IMG – Sales and Distribution – Basic Functions – Account Assignment/Costing – Revenue Account Determination – Define and assign Account Determination Procedure
Define and Assign Account keys
The account key allows the system to post amount into the specific G/L account such as revenue, fright
Here are below SPRO Menu Path: IMG –> Sales and Distribution – >Basic Functions – >Account Assignment/Costing – >Revenue Account Determination –> Define and assign Account Keys
Define and Assign Account keys
In the steps , we are going to specify account keys with Pricing Procedure
Here are below SPRO Menu Path:IMG – Sales and Distribution – Basic Functions – Account Assignment/Costing – Revenue Account Determination – Define and assign Account Keys
Maintain Account determination procedure in billing document type
Lastly ,We needs to specify account determination procedure , So that whenever billing document created , it will automatically posted to the accounting .
Transaction Code : VOFA
Account determination troubleshooting
Go to VF02 and do a review of the Account Determination (Shift + F11) to figure out the justification for accounting.
The log is not being produced. This will help you understand why any account settings are missing.
Hope you like the account determination configuration ,Check out these tutorial links to learn more about SAP ..Happy Learning ..!!
- Available to Promise (ATP) in SAP
- Replenishment lead time (RLT)
- SAP Sales Integration with other Modules
- SD Advanced Pricing
- SAP S/4HANA
- Third-Party Sales in SAP
- Output determination
- Route determination